A subtle white chocolate flavour. Very easy to make, also makes excellent cupcakes (about 25). I got this recipe from www.exlusivelyfood.com.au. They also provide a chart of ingredient quantities for different pan sizes which I have found invaluable for different size orders. I hope you use this recipe and enjoy!
- 300g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (145 degrees fan-forced).
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line the base and sides of the pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter has melted, and stir until well combined. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture. Stir well.
- Stir flours together in a large bowl. Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the f;our and stir until a smooth paste forms. Repeat with another cup of the chocolate mixture. Add remaining chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. When the cake is ready an inserted skewer should come out clean.